Big Box Retailers are great for groceries, but they fall short in home improvement projects. An experienced installation technician is required to complete a successful construction project. Would you allow a Big Box Retailer to fill a cavity or perform surgery on you? NO, you require professional services. We have over 100 years of combined experience transforming your home into your castle at California Doors and Windows.
The best deal is not always the lowest price. So how do you know whether to go to a big box store or a window specialist? Here are some key points to consider:
- Service. Because your windows will last for many years, you want to ensure that they will be serviced. A sales associate who also sells appliances may not have the same level of expertise as a window specialist. You want a free in-home consultation with a Sales Associate who is well-educated in the field. A professional to take production measurements and provide post-installation service and support.
- Choices. There is nothing off the shelf about windows. You want to base your decisions on your house, your needs, and your budget. Windows and doors are one-of-a-kind items that should be treated as such.
- Cost. Cheaper does not always imply better. It will save you time if you hire a window specialist to handle every step for you.
Return on Investment for Window Replacement
While home values continue to rise, you may be wondering whether you should sell your current home and buy another or stay and remodel. If the answer is to stay and remodel, you must now decide which projects will provide the best Return on Investment. According to the National Association of Realtors, roofing your home is the best home improvement you can make. WINDOWS AND DOORS are the second-best home improvement project for a high return on investment.
Depending on where you live, replacing your windows can provide 80-100% ROI.
Making Your Home More Energy-Effective
Here are some energy-saving suggestions for your home:
- Examine the doors, windows, electrical wires, and plumbing pipes that lead into your home. If any of these products or materials have gaps, fill them with the appropriate materials.
- Install low-cost cellulose insulation in your attic and wall cavities.
- Repair any leaks in the water heater. A dripping faucet wastes over 2,000 liters per month. Install energy-efficient low-flow fixtures to cut water bills by 60%.
- Adjust your thermostat by one degree, depending on the season.
Over the course of your home’s ownership, installing new windows and doors by the experts at Moldings Plus will be the most cost-effective and energy-efficient solution. Call us at (909) 947-3310 today!